Friday, February 14, 2014

grossju - Project 004: Folding Forms

Folding Forms



My folding forms project was conceived of through an image I found online:














As the paper flattens, and angles grow more obtuse, the paper also grows longer.  I attempted to model this in Digital Project through a number of different methods before I settled on one.  I found that the best technique was to sketch section cuts of the paper, controlling the angle between connected line-segments with a modifiable parameter.  Decreasing the angle effectively curls the paper.

















Ribs were connected with simple isosceles triangles.  Two faces that meet at a point form a mountain, while their adjacent two faces that share an edge form a valley.


micro-scale product product assembly




formwork for a macro-scale product assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment